Dr. Zarihan Samsudin
- Doctor in Education, Unisel (2013),
- Master in English as a Second Language, UM (2000);
- Bachelor in Education TESL, UPM (1991);
- Diploma Keguruan TESL, IPSI (1987);
- Diploma in English as a Second Language, UM (1985);
- Sijil Perguruan Malaysia, SITC (1979).
Dr Zarihan Samsudin is currently a senior lecturer in the English Department at the Faculty of Education, Humanities and Arts in KUPTM Kuala Lumpur in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She obtained her Doctorate of Education from Universiti Selangor (Unisel), which was the university she was then serving as an English lecturer. Before joining Unisel, however, she was an English teacher teaching in government secondary schools for more than 28 years. She specializes in English language, English Literature and TESL. Teaching is a passion for she has not stopped since she started in 1979. She is a true teacher who loves to be with her students not only to educate but also to nurture them into wholesome individuals.
Writing and the teaching of writing in English.
- English Language Teaching and Learning Issues in Malaysia: Teachers’ and Indigenous Students’ Perspective (KUPTM grant of RM9, 500)
- Comparing the Process Approach with the Product Approach in Teaching Academic Writing to First-year Undergraduates (Self-funded)
- Using the Genre Based-Approach to Teach Academic Writing to Students of Kolej Poly-Tech MARA Kuala Lumpur (MARA Grant of RM15, 000)
Selected Publications in Journals:
The Discursive Strategies Used by Young Homosexual Males in the Construction of Their Identity. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (2018). Springer.
Child Marriage in the 21stCentury: Sentiment and Semantic Analysis via Social Media Intelligence. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (2018). Springer.