Dr Kalsom Salleh
- PhD (Accountancy)(UiTM),
- Master of Business Administration (Ohio University, USA),
- Bachelor of Accountancy (UiTM)
Dr Kalsom Salleh is a senior lecturer in accounting at Faculty of Business, Accountancy and Social Sciences (FBASS) at Kolej Universiti Poly-Tech MARA (KUPTM) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She earned her doctorate degree from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) in Shah Alam, Malaysia specializing in Accountancy. She was formerly an Associate Professor Dr and a senior lecturer at Faculty of Accountancy, UiTM Shah Alam for twenty years prior to joining KUPTM. She had been with KUPTM, Kuala Lumpur for four years to teach professional accountancy course (ACCA, UK) and postgraduate and undergraduate accounting programs. For postgraduate programmes in her former university (UiTM), she had under her supervision, 2 PhD and 10 Master students who had graduated. She had also been appointed as PhD External Examiner for 2 PhD students from Multimedia University Malaysia (MMU) and 1 PhD student from University Teknologi MARA (UiTM). She has published many of her research papers in international refereed journals, conference proceedings and book chapters as well as sitting on the editorial board and reviewing committee members of several journals. She is also a registered Chartered Accountant with the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) and was formerly appointed as a Council Member of the MIA for the period of four years.
Research Area: Knowledge Management, Intellectual Capital, Auditing, Public Sector Accounting and Management.
- Integrative Model of Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital on the Performance of MARA’s Higher Learning Institutions: The Mediating Role of Organizational Learning (Principal Researcher)(2019)
- The Impact of Teaching and Learning Facilities and Approach provided by the Approved Learning Providers on the Professional Accountancy Students’ Academic Performance (Principal Researcher) (2018/2019)
- Knowledge Management & Intellectual Capital Strategies on performance of Higher Learning Institution: A Case Evidence of KUPTM Kuala Lumpur (Co-Researcher) (2018 / 2019)
Completed Research and Journal Publications:
- Siong Choy Chong, Kalsom Salleh, Syed Noh Syed Ahmad and Syed-Ikhsan Syed Omar Sharifuddin, KM Implementation In A Public Sector Accounting Organization: An Empirical Investigation, Journal of Knowledge Management, 2011, Vol 15, No 3, pp 497 – 512 (ISSN 1367-3270) (ISI Indexed)
- Kalsom Salleh, Syed Noh Syed Ahmad, Syed Omar Sharifuddin Syed Ikhsan and Siong Choy Chong, Perceived KM benefits and obstacles: A survey on government institutions, Electronic Government: An International Journal, 2011,Vol 8, No 4, pp 327 - 342 (ISSN 1740 -7494) by Inderscience Publishers (SCOPUS Indexed)
- Kalsom Salleh, Syed Noh Syed Ahmad, Syed Omar Sharifuddin Syed Ikhsan and Binshan Lin, The Joint Effects of Organizational Leadership and Learning Factors of Professional Intellects in Sharing Knowledge and Innovation, International Journal of Innovation and Learning, 2011, Vol. 10, No 2, pp 103 - 122 (ISSN 1471-8197) by Inderscience Publishers (SCOPUS Indexed)
- Kalsom Salleh, Siong Choy Chong, Syed Noh Syed Ahmad and Syed-Ikhsan Syed Omar Sharifuddin, , Learning and Knowledge Transfer Performance Among Public Sector Accountants: An Empirical Survey, Knowledge Management Research & Practice, 2012, Vol 10, Issue 2, pp 164-174 (ISSN 1477 – 8238 & EISSN 1477 – 8246 ) (ISI Indexed)
- Kalsom Salleh, Knowledge Sharing And Knowledge Management Modelling In Public Sector Accounting Organization: Case Evidence From Malaysia, International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development, 2013, Vol 4 No 4, pp 363 – 381, ISSN print: 2040 – 4468 or ISSN online: 2040 - 4476) (SCOPUS/ERA Indexed)
- Kalsom Salleh, Siong Choy Chong, Syed Noh Syed Ahmad and Syed-Ikhsan Syed Omar Sharifuddin, The Extent of Influence of Learning Factors on Tacit Knowledge Sharing among Public Sector Accountants, The Journal of information and knowledge management systems, 2013, Vol. 43 No 4, Pp 424 – 441, ISSN: 0305-5728 (Scopus Indexed)
- Oluwatoyin Muse Johnson Popoola, Ayoib B Che-Ahmad, Rose Shamsiah Samsudin, Kalsom Salleh, Dorcas Adebola Babatunde, Accountants’ Capability Requirements for Fraud Prevention and Detection in Nigeria, International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, 2016, Vol. 6 (S4), 1-10, (Scopus Indexed)
- Sunarti Halid, Huang Ching Choo and Kalsom Salleh, Intellectual Capital Management: Pathways to Sustainable Competitive Advantage, International Journal of Academic Research in Business & Social Sciences, April 2018, Vol 8, No. 4, , Pg 1104-1119, ISSN: 222-6990
She has been appointed to sit on the editorial board and reviewing committee for journals such as the Electronic Journal of eGovernment (EJEG), Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management (EJKM), Journal of Information and Knowledge Management (JIKM), Social Science Management Journal (UiTM, Malaysia) and Journal of Research and Practice in Public Sector Accounting and Management (JANM, Malaysia). She was also invited as one of the guest speakers at International Conference on Knowledge Management (KMICe 2014) organized by University Utara Malaysia as well as the Chairperson of a session for few International Knowledge Management & Intellectual Capital Conferences organized by Academic Conference Publication International (ACPI), United Kingdom. She had been appointed since 2009 to continuously serve as the content expert for the existing Knowledge Management Portal of Jabatan Akauntan Negara Malaysia (JANM).