Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dewi Izzwi binti Abdul Manan
Our other experts
She is currently, a senior lecturer at the Faculty of Business, Accountancy and Social Science in KUPTM. She has been serving KPTM/KUPTM since year 2000. She earned her doctorate degree from UiTM in Business Management. Her PhD research is in the area of performance of small and micro firms from the perspective of resource-based view. Her research articles have appeared in international and local journals. She has been teaching various courses under business and management covering many levels including certificate, diploma, bachelor, master and even professional. Her teaching specialization is strategic management. Besides teaching and doing research, she is also the Head of Research Management Center (RMC) since 2014.
- PhD (Business Management), Universiti Teknologi MARA
- Master of Management, International Islamic University Malaysia
- Bachelor of Commerce, Queensland University Australia
- Micro and small business performance
- Resource-based view
- Online entrepreneurs
- Batik industry
- Knowledge management and intellectual capital strategies on performance of higher learning institution: a case evidence of KUPTMKL (Internal Grant, leader)
- The Contribution of Dynamic Capability and Spiritual Intelligence towards the Performance Satisfaction of Online Young Muslimpreneurs in Malaysia (Internal Grant, member)
- The Contribution of Human Capital and Entrepreneurs Behavior towards Performance Satisfaction of Bumiputera Online Entrepreneurs in Malaysia (MARA Grant 2015-2016, leader)
- The Influence of Internal Resources and Entrepreneurial Orientation on the Performance Satisfaction of Batik Firms in Malaysia (PhD thesis)
- Stress and Its Level Among Lecturers in KPTM Kuala Lumpur.
- Empirical Study on the Effectiveness of Goal and Organizational Performance in Malaysia (Master Thesis)
Selected Publications in Journals:
- Would marketing and network influence business performance? The case of Bumiputera online entrepreneurs in Malaysia (Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 4(4), 196-205).
- Bumiputera online entrepreneurs: Do human capital and entrepreneurial behavior matter? (Herald National Academy of Managerial Staff of Culture and Arts, 1(2018))
- Does Firm Culture Matter for Small Businesses? A Case of Batik Firms in Malaysia (The Asian Journal of Professional and Business Studies, 2 (June-December 2017), 1-13).
- The Successful Factors of Online Entrepreneurs with Performance: A Framework for Future Research (Jurnal Evolusi, 5(1), 61-75).
- The contribution of marketing capability as mediating variable between reputation, sales growth and performance satisfaction (Jurnal Evolusi, 4(1), 1-12).
- The non-significant contribution of network towards performance satisfaction: an exploratory study. (The Asian Journal of Professional and Business Studies, 1(1), 41-49).
- Entrepreneurial orientation-performance relationship exploration: Special attention to batik industry (The Malaysian Journal of Professional & Entrepreneurship, Vol.1(July-December 2015), 17-28, 2011).
- Exploring Contribution of Innovative Behavior and Marketing Capability on Batik Firm Performance in Malaysia.
- (International Conference on Business Strategy and Organizational Behavior, 7-8 April 2011, Hotel Equatorial Penang, Malaysia. Proceeding ISBN 978-981-08-8408-6).
- Do resources contribute to firms’ performance? Exploring batik industry in Malaysia (International Review of Business Research Papers, Vol.6, No.3, 189-204, 2010).
- Do human capital, firms’ culture and marketing capability affect firms’ performance? Exploring Malaysian batik firms (International Conference on Business and Economic Research – ICBER2010, 15-16 March 2010, Kuching Sarawak, Malaysia. Proceeding ISBN 978-967-5705-00-7).
- Exploring the contribution of reputation, network and marketing capability towards batik firms’ performance (International Conference on Business and Economic Research – ICBER2010, 15-16 March 2010, Kuching Sarawak, Malaysia. Proceeding ISBN 978-967-5705-00-7).
- Entrepreneurship and performance: A resource-based view approach (International Conference on Entrepreneurship- ICE2008, 27-28 May 2008, Langkawi Kedah, Malaysia. Proceeding ISBN 983-3048-18-2).
- Stress and Its Level among Lecturers in KPTM Kuala Lumpur (Jurnal Evolusi, 1, 16-18).